Thursday 11 July 2013

Chapter Two: Why Nook Simple Touch

You might want to ask why Nook Simple Touch and no other e-book readers like Amazon Kindle. Well I can't provide you answer for this question, but I can give you my reasons why I bought it.

Reason number 1:

Price. I always wanted to buy a e-book reader, but the device was either too expensive or didn't meet my requirements. With the price 29£/44$ I could buy it without hesitation. For example: the cheapest Amazon kindle cost 69£ which is more than double.

Reason number 2:

Body. Nook Simple Touch or just Nook Touch has rectangle shape with rounded corners. Screen is 6"  inch long, which is about the right size for me. Back is covered with black matte surface made from rubber. All of these elements make it very comfortable when you are holding Nook in your hand. Device itself is very durable, I would compare it to old Thinkpads, there is no way you can squeeze or twist the Nook.

Reason number 3:

Touchscreen. I was a bit skeptic about touchscreen on e-book reader, but this one works very well. I found it very handy when I'm reading. Navigation through the menu is very fast or when I need to find out some words in dictionary (I'm doing this very often).


So far these are the reasons why I choose Nook Simple Touch and why you might do the same. But there are of course some cons.

-unsupported formats (you can easily convert your books with this handy site - Ebook online convert).
-lack of 3G (in this price range I don't know about any device capable of 3G).






No comments:

Post a Comment