Wednesday 17 July 2013

Chapter four: Rooting your Nook Simple Touch

For start I want to let you know that my Nook wasn't rooted and I have no plans for rooting this device in near future. I'm happy with my device condition and capabilities right now. I'm using maybe just 1/4 of the functions and that's it. That is why I have no desire to open new functions (it would be simply very ineffective). Anyway I do understand that someone might squeeze as much as possible from this device (I will cut the talk about warranty etc., and go straight to the rooting).

I found this article about rooting Nook Simple Touch. Basically this is what you need if you want to root your Nook.

A Nook Simple Touch with Firmware 1.2.0 (should be fine with 1.2.1 version also)
A micro SD card - 2 gb or more do the job (class 6 or more might give you better performance)
An external micro -SD card reader - might work with the one inside laptops.
A computer running Windows -  might be problem if you're surrounded by people with MacBooks :D 
Nook Manager 
Win32 Image Writer 
A Google account

If you are interesting please check this article for more detailed info. Did you believe you can "play" angry bird on your Nook?




No comments:

Post a Comment